Sunday, March 28, 2010

Husbands Can Cook Too


This past week my husband made an ice cream pie with a graham cracker crust (the graham crackers were made from this recipe), raspberry ice cream (made with raspberries I hand-picked last summer), and a meringue topping. It was for a co-worker's birthday so I didn't get the whole package but the individual parts were quite tasty. The trick to making ice cream with frozen raspberries is to let them completely thaw before adding them to the ice cream. The first time we tried we just added them frozen so we had vanilla ice cream with frozen raspberries. This time was much better. All of my husband's co-workers loved his ice cream pie.




Saturday morning he made me the absolute best breakfast known to man. Northwest Eggs Benedict (i.e. eggs benedict with crab cakes in the place of ham). My mouth is watering just thinking about them. We were able to make it with fresh eggs. So good. He makes the English muffins from his sourdough starter using this recipe. The recipe for the crab cakes calls for "salad dressing." Rather than using mayo, my husband uses homemade honey mustard dressing. It gives the crab cakes a nice tang. This is seriously unbeatable. I love it when he makes me Eggs Benedict. (My mouth is still watering).


{Proof of how hard he works to make me Eggs Benedict}

No comments: